- If column height is more than 1.8 m (6’), or if building a roof over the deck, then a project-specific, engineer-stamped foundation design is required.
- If building a roof over the deck and using trusses, then an engineer-stamped roof truss design is required.
- If building an enclosure around the deck, then provide framing details or manufacturer’s specifications.
Documents needed for permit application can be provided to you at the Town Office or you can click on the links below to print and fill out at home.
All permits must be returned to the Town of Esterhazy Office to be reviewed for approval. Permits are not valid until review is complete from PBI building inspection and the Town of Esterhazy.
- Residential Permit Form
- Residential Plan review checklist
- Deck PBI specifications
- Development Permit Application Form
- Development Permit Declaration
- Manufacturer’s Specifications and Installation Instructions (must be sealed by a Saskatchewan Engineer for snow, wind and earthquake loads)
- Site-Specific Foundation Designs (sealed by a Structural Engineer licensed to practise in Saskatchewan and referencing the geotech report, if required).
- Anchorage details (must be provided in the manufacturer’s specifications or sealed foundation designs)
A SITE PLAN is required for all projects
DETAILED SITE PLAN is vital information for a plan review. There will be delays if you do not provide all of the following information for review:
- Property/lot shape and dimensions for the front, rear and side yards.
- North direction arrow.
- Municipal setbacks to all property lines.
- Building or project dimensions and placement on the property.
- Distance to the property lines on all sides of the proposed building/project.
- Note the size and location of all windows and doors on each side of a proposed building.
- Distances to other buildings on the same property.
- Current use of existing building(s) on the same property.
- Street names and locations.
- Easements (indicate width), roads, lanes, driveway, parking areas, dugouts, etc.
- Note what borders the front, rear and side yards (i.e. neighbour, street, municipal easement, park, lane, etc.)